Friday, April 28, 2017

Olathe Northwest SQUIRRELS

If Olathe Northwest changed their logo from ravens to something else, I would want it to be the squirrels. This is because squirrels are terrific. First of all, they are incredibly adorable, but beneath their cute appearance, they are vicious, deadly critters. They are swift, competitive, and intimidating creatures. These are all components of a good mascot.

The creation of my squirrel mascot is going decently so far. I wanted to make the squirrel look cute as well as vicious. I achieved this by using the pen tool in adobe illustrator to vector a clipart image of a squirrel. After doing this, I created the body and tail. I made the tail protrude form the back of the squirrel. Next, I found a swirly font that I thought would work well as a school font. I typed Northwest squirrels on and above the tail.

with words
just icon
Now it's time for color! I wanted my color scheme to look clean and look well together, so I chose a complimentary color scheme of orange and blue. I think this color scheme looks very good.


colored squirrel head

colored squirrel with words

















Now that I had the squirrel, it was time to make the actual website. We just made the home page with a bunch of fake links. I incorporated the orange and blue color scheme togo with the colors of the mascot. I used a web template, so it was very easy. All I had to do was put in the content. Because it is a template, it came with responsive design. There is a cool image that moves as you scroll. This image disappears when the screen size is a certain size. This is how it turned out:



Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment