Tuesday, December 20, 2016

What's the Big Deal About Tiny Houses?


Home page
For our final in Web Design, we were supposed to combine our skills from previous projects into making a web page about something we are interested in or passionate about. I am very interested in anything having to do with tiny houses, so that is what I decided to dedicate the topic of my website to.








All of my docs
 We were required to include information about our topic in our own words, so this project required a lot of research. Because I am very interested and passionate about tiny houses, I had no problem with spending a lot of my time, both in school and out of school, researching my topic. After all of my information had accumulated, I realized that I had far too much information to make just one sub-category of. I ended up having information on the benefits, designs, and mindset of tiny houses (each with multiple sub categories).




My banner
My graphic
Once I had all of my information on tiny houses, I was ready to design my web page. Luckily, we didn't have to make one from scratch; we had previously made out Real Or Hoax? page that we were able to simply transfer our information to. At first, I had no idea how to design my website, but after making a web banner, I based my color scheme off of it. This brought my website together. The light and dark burgundy, cream, and green colors really evoked a comforting feeling that I wanted to portray through my website. In addition, I made a simple graphic to place beneath my side bar. I made the "H" in houses into a house my adding a roof.


Links page
Next, I had to do all of the technical work. I  linked all of my pages together (which took a very long time considering hoe many pages I have), put pictures on all of the pages, and found links for each page. It was a little bit frustrating having to use the "label for reuse" button when searching for copyright free images because I knew that there were really good tiny house pictures that were copyrighted. Eventually, I accumulated a good selection of pictures. After that, I found multiple links to strengthen my page and to let viewers learn more about tint houses.







Overall, I enjoyed this project (mainly because I enjoy tiny houses), and I think that it turned out very well. See my website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment