Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Invasive Species Website

It's our Web design unit in graphic design which means we got to design our own website. We based our website on invasive species. To the left is my home page. I incorporated green and brown "earthy" colors because it has to do with nature. I made the headings bigger, bolder, and white so that it would stand out more. There are links to different websites and videos that also change colors when hovered on or clicked on.








Another one of my six pages was Africanized bees. I put pictures in of the bees, links, and continued the color theme. I did the same with my purple loosestrife page.

 Sadly my menu bar was not cooperating. In the design mode it looked like how it does to the right, but when viewed in safari, it looked all green with no white. I spent a while  trying to figure out what was wrong, but no one else, nor myself, could figure out why it wasn't working.




I like Web design. It is definitely challenging,
 but rewarding when everything is complete. Learning and remembering all of the CSS styles and phrases is very difficult, but I enjoy designing the website through the color and layout. Next year I am taking Web design as one of my two courses as a sophomore (along with graphic design).

No comments:

Post a Comment