Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Personal logos

We have been studying logos, and how shape, color, and font play a role in them. So we were given the opportunity to make our very own logo! Logos can attract the eye of consumers, so it is important to have an appealing visual. Logos are supposed to be simplistic, have a story/ intention, and include reasoning behind color, shape, and font. To begin our brainstorming process, we were to draw out our ideas, refine them, and ask for the opinion of our peers. I had many ideas, but sadly I did not get to go through with all of them; so I chose my favorites.

My name is Ava. I have the amusing nickname of AVAcado because the name Ava is sort of in the word avocado. Incorporating an avocado in my logo, I thought, was a good idea. Avocados are round, and as learned in my recent blog, are welcoming. My logo having an avocado in it is, in my opinion, cute and creative. The round and un-curved avocado on the top in the picture to the left was my prototype in my avocado creations. Under it is the one I curved in at the middle to make the avocado resemblance more similar. I used this avocado in my final logos. Next, I typed out AVA-Cado using a friendly font. I made the Ava part bigger and bolded so that it would be more focused on than the "Cado". I also changed the colors in the words from the avocado. I used the darker green color in "Ava" because it is easier to read. I used the lighter green on the "Cado" to make it less recognizable. I couldn't decide between writing my name so that it was on top of each other or writing it side by side. These were my two final avocado logo creations. In addition to making logos, we also got to use them as a favicon. A favicon is the little website icon shown before the web address.

Not only is my name in a fruit, my initials spell out "AT". Someone gave me the idea to use the @ sign in my logo. I liked this idea because @ shows technology and social media. It is also round which is welcoming. I couldn't decide between three of my @ logos. For one I made the @ very big and brought the inside "a" up. Then I typed my name on the inside curve. I made the beginning letter in my first and last name the same color as @ to emphasize the correlation between my initials and the @. I chose the color teal because blue is often used to promote high-tech products, and the @ is known for being used in social media, which is a "techy program". It is also a very pretty and comforting color. The other at sign logos I made included my name written out straight (opposed to curved) and had the at sign at the beginning. In one I made the @ into the "A" in the beginning of my name. I continued the theme of coloring the at sign and my initials the same color.

I enjoyed making these logos in Adobe Illustrator. It was fun to be able to customize something specially for us. In the future I would like to construct another personal logo to see what else I could come up with.

3 comments:

  1. I just love your avocado logo Ava. So cute right next to your name too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your avocado logo Ava. So cute right next to your name too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my name is Ava too and you're logo is so sweet and a great meme

    ReplyDelete