Monday, May 16, 2016

E.O.Y. reflection

e-9 is drawing to a close. Not only was I able to be a part of something very fun, I also learned a lot to do with what makes an appealing design through color psychology, CARP, text, and much more. Besides learning design tips, I learned the basics of the four rotations. 

I learned how to make an animation in animation. Animation was probably the hardest of the stands, but it was also the first strand, so I might have just not been prepared. Animation had many different steps in making something and was very complex; but in the end, it was worth it when you can look at the awesome final product. The bouncy smiley face was my favorite project that I made in animation.
After animation was video. Video was very exciting because you're able to let your personality shine through in videos. You can do the same in the other strands through voice and design, but in video you can act out funny, sad, or scary scenes. Video was not very difficult and it was very fun. My favorite video that I put together was the e-9 promotional video.

We were introduced to website design during second quarter. Web design is very good for letting your creativity loose. At least for me, it was very fun to put all of the colors that compliment each other together, and incorporating different fonts to make the website look appealing and clean. My favorite website that I designed was for my quarter four project, Pocket Cosmetics. I was designated the job of Website designer. I loved how the website turned out with its girly colors and fonts.



The last of the rotations was graphic design. Graphic design was very fun. It allows you to put your imagination down into a beautiful creation. Graphic design is a little challenging because it has so many different tools and shortcuts, but it's very fun. My favorite graphic design creation that I made was the AVAcado logo.

I also learned how to communicate, collaborate, and how to lead a group and keep it in check. This has been achieved mainly through the last quarter rotation where we invented a product. I would say that my greatest strengths are coming up with an idea, while my greatest weakness would have to be exhibiting the idea. It is easy for me to imagine what I will do, but it is hard to do the technical aspects of making it happen. I have improved, however, on learning how to do things so that I do not need as much help. With what I have learned throughout the year, I plan to create more creative and appealing things. If I am making a card or a power point I can use what I've learned to make it look really good. To make the e-Comm experience better and simpler for beginners, I would suggest a paper that has all of the keyboard shortcuts and how to do things, and buttons to press. Overall, my first year of e-Comm has been very fun, and I am excited for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment